Friday, July 20, 2012

headband curls

When I found this article about making curls without hot rollers/sticks or any other kind of heat curling method. I Had to try it. I went to the store and bought a set of elastic headbands and, because of my thick and heavy hair, a bottle of setting lotion.
Before you start, be sure your hair is still a bit damp, moist it with a bit of water or setting lotion if needed. Do not make it to wet, else it will take ages to dry and to walk around with your hair wrapped around the headband.

Before


As you can see, my hair is very straight. I also made a side part in my hair already

While wrapping the hair around the elastic head band.

Done. And now I have to wait until it is dry.




The result

this is just after I took the hairband out of my hair. And before using a comb

I combed my curls a bit. And I decided to put a nice flower in my hair.

Conclusion 

Headband curls work quite well. I do like that it is easy to put in your hair, except  for the back part of the hair. Also do not make the parts to big. It will not curl or dry well. I prefer a headband which you  can click,bind or connect in any other way. This is much easier when you want to take it out of your hair. You avoid your hair from tangling with it.

I will make them again in my hair. I think  when I put them in my hair a couple of times more, they will look  even better then they already do.


No comments: