Thursday, July 12, 2012

The Wedding Cake Project

One of my hobbies is decorating  cakes for occasions. Last weekend I had the opportunity  to create a wedding cake for a wedding party I had on this weeks Monday.

The plan
First I made a plan and drawing of what i wanted to create
This is what the cake should going to look like. I went to the store and bought what I needed. Rolling fondant, color paste and something really awesome: edible sparkle powder.(I skipped the roses. Would be to much)

The process


making Royal icing

create pink fondant with color paste

the butterflies in the cardboard mall. They have to dry before putting them on the cake

strawberry marmalade on the cake,  on top there will be custard

The result

Because I was so busy with  putting those little balls an butterflies on the cake, I totally forgot to take pictures during the actual decorating.

There it is the result. the names are made of chocolate

sparkles on the wings of the butterflies 

here you see the sparkles very clearly

In the cake box


Decorating a cake takes actually more time then just baking one but it is absolutely worth it. I'm really proud on myself and the cake. 

No comments: